The Whippy is a functional watertight vase, 3D printed with eco-friendly, degradable PLA bio-plastic (derived from corn starch). Whippy is made of 'happy' curves, which evoke the pleasures of summer: the deep ocean; a glassy wave; warm sand; a rare shell; delicious ice-cream.
Whippy is one of our most versatile vases. Light hugs silky curves, bounces within translucent surfaces, and adds soft, shadowy dimension to matte pastel hues.
Large size is 20cm (8") high. Small size is 14cm (5.5") high (more suitable for desktops and small side tables). Please refer to the scale photograph provided.
* Standard colours:
Silk effect - Lavender
Translucent - Blue, Glacier Green, Purple
Matte - Peach, Pistachio, Vanilla Bean, Buttermilk
ColourMorph - Redback (Copper/Charcoal), Goldie (Gold/Silver), Ocean (Deep Blue/Deep Green), SkyGrass (Bright Blue/Bright Green)
* Any special or seasonal colours available can be found in seperate item listings
Note on texture:
SILK PLA is solid opaque colour, light reflecting, with a slightly metallic appearance.
MATTE PLA is solid colour, with a completely matte, chalky finish.
TRANSLUCENT PLA is semi-see-through, shiny, and reflects light beautifully.
COLOUR-MORPH PLA is a unique dual-colour, silk-effect material, which appears to change colour when viewed from different angles.
3D printing is a craft, not a manufacturing process: slight irregularities are to be expected, making each vase perfectly unique!
If you've never seen or handled a 3D printed object before, our vases may surprise you. They are incredibly light, weighing between 50 and 200 grams. Here's some important tips for vase care and handling:
* Treat your vase like a handmade object. It is made up of hundreds of individually printed layer lines (not injection moulded).
* To avoid breakage, do not squeeze hard, and avoid dropping (particularly on hard surfaces).
* PLA is not UV resistant, so vases are not recommended for prolonged outdoor use, or placement in very direct or hot sun.
* Half-fill your vase with water, and support from the bottom when lifting to avoid squeezing the vase.
* To clean, rinse between uses with cool water, and drain upside down. Not dishwasher safe.