The Twisted Glacier is a functional watertight vase, 3D printed with eco-friendly, degradable PLA bio-plastic (derived from corn starch). The geometric, abstract alpine design - with spectacular twists and turns, evokes movement, and maximises the light reflecting properties of silk-effect and translucent PLA.
Large size is 20cm (8") high. Small size is 14cm (5.5") high (more suitable for desktops and side tables). Please refer to the scale photograph provided.
Twisted Glacier colours:
Silk-effect - Aqua, Orange
Translucent PLA - Glacier Green (Green/Blue)
* Any special or seasonal colours available can be found in seperate item listings
Notes on texture:
SILK PLA is solid colour, light reflecting, with a slightly metallic appearance.
TRANSLUCENT PLA is semi-see-through, shiny, and reflects light beautifully.
3D printing is a craft, not a manufacturing process: slight irregularities are to be expected, making each vase perfectly unique!
Twisted Glacier Vase
If you've never seen or handled a 3D printed object before, our vases may surprise you. They are incredibly light, weighing between 50 and 200 grams. Here's some important tips for vase care and handling:
* Treat your vase like a handmade object. It is made up of hundreds of individually printed layer lines (not injection moulded).
* To avoid breakage, do not squeeze hard, and avoid dropping (particularly on hard surfaces).
* PLA is not UV resistant, so vases are not recommended for prolonged outdoor use, or placement in very direct or hot sun.
* Half-fill your vase with water, and support from the bottom when lifting to avoid squeezing the vase.
* To clean, rinse between uses with cool water, and drain upside down. Not dishwasher safe.