The Shell is a functional watertight vase, 3D printed with eco-friendly, degradable PLA bio-plastic (derived from corn starch). The tiled shell surface is a playful nod to art deco design, and maximises the light reflecting properties of silk-effect PLA.
Large size is 20cm (8") high. Small size is 14cm (5.5") high (more suitable for desktops and small side tables). Please refer to the scale photograph provided.
* Standard colours:
Silk effect - Rose pink
Diamond Glitter - Milky green
* Any special or seasonal colours available can be found in seperate item listings
Note on texture:
SILK PLA is solid opaque colour, light reflecting, with a slightly metallic appearance.
DIAMOND GLITTER is solid opaque colour, with a subtle glitter effect
3D printing is a craft, not a manufacturing process: slight irregularities are to be expected, making each vase perfectly unique!
If you've never seen or handled a 3D printed object before, our vases may surprise you. They are incredibly light, weighing between 50 and 200 grams. Here's some important tips for vase care and handling:
* Treat your vase like a handmade object. It is made up of hundreds of individually printed layer lines (not injection moulded).
* To avoid breakage, do not squeeze hard, and avoid dropping (particularly on hard surfaces).
* PLA is not UV resistant, so vases are not recommended for prolonged outdoor use, or placement in very direct or hot sun.
* Half-fill your vase with water, and support from the bottom when lifting to avoid squeezing the vase.
* To clean, rinse between uses with cool water, and drain upside down. Not dishwasher safe.